New Deal/WPA Art in Arlington, New Jersey
This Post Office mural was funded by the Section of Fine Arts under the Treasury Department and not the WPA.
Arlington, NJ Post
Image courtesy of the USPS
Photograph taken by USPS Supervisor, 2006
The Arlington name was dropped and changed to Kearny on January 1, 1955.
Democratic Vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal
by Marlene Park & Gerald E. Markowitz
Thanks to Jimmy Emerson who contributed the photograph!
Look for photographs of Post Office exteriors at the Post Mark Collectors Club (PMCC) Post Office photo page: http://www.postmarks.org/photos
© 2007 Nancy Lorance
All Rights Reserved.