New Deal/WPA Art in Forest Park, Illinois
Forest Park, IL Post Office
The photograph below was taken and contributed by Julie Elbert, August 2006.
The following two photographs were contributed by Jimmy Emerson:
All images courtesy of the USPS
"For several decades after 1880, a small excursion boat called the White Fawn took sightseers up and down the Des Plaines River. Docking facilities were at Haase Park, a popular picnic grove of the time." (Source: www.forestpark.net/pdf/FPHistory.pdf)
Democratic Vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal
by Marlene Park & Gerald E. Markowitz
Check out the Post Mark Collectors Club (PMCC) Photo page at: http://www.postmarks.org/photos
© 2006 Nancy Lorance
All Rights Reserved.