New Deal Art in Radford,Virginia

Most of the post office works of art were funded under the Treasury Department's Section commissions. Those works that were created using TRAP funds are so indicated. Although the WPA funded the construction of post office buildings, the artwork was not WPA but was usually produced under the Section or TRAP programs.

Radford, VA Post Office
"The Return of Mary Draper Ingles" - oil on canvas
by Alexander B. Clayton (1942)
(now hanging in the new Post Office Building)

Thanks to Jimmy Emerson who contributed the photograph.

Check out the Post Mark Collectors Club (PMCC) Photo page at:

E-mail Nancy

© 2005 Nancy Lorance
All Rights Reserved.